- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
PM unveils Spanish version of Bangabandhu's autobiography
UNB, Dhaka :
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today unveiled the Spanish version of the autobiography of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman - 'The Unfinished Memoirs'.
She unveiled the cover of the book, published by Spanish Embassy in Dhaka, at a function at her official residence Gono Bhaban.
Speaking on the occasion, the prime minister thanked the Spanish Embassy in Dhaka for publishing the book in Spanish language. She also thanked those who translated and edited the book.
The book was first published on June 18, 2012 in its original Bangla version "Oshomapto Atmojiboni" as well as in English.
The book is now available in 10 languages, including Bangla, English, Hindi, Chinese, Japanese, French, Urdu, Arabic and Spanish ones.
Bangabandhu wrote the book while in prison from 1967-69. In his autobiography, Bangabandhu described the context of writing it.
He also narrated his life portraying ancestry, birth, childhood and social and political involvements in student life.
Spanish Ambassador in Dhaka Alvaro de Salas Gimenez de Azcarate also spoke on the occasion.
Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor, PM's International Affairs Adviser Rowher Rizvi and State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam were present at the event conducted by Principal Secretary at the Prime Minister's Office Md Nojibur Rahman.