- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Zia trust case: HC extends Khaleda’s bail again
UNB . Dhaka :
The High Court on Thursday once again extended till October 15 the bail of Bangladesh Nationalist Party chairperson Khaleda Zia in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
A HC bench of Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Md Mostafizur Rahman passed the order following a petition filed by Khaleda's lawyer, said Barrister Kawser Kamal.
The court also adjourned the hearing till Sunday on the review petition filed by the BNP chief against a lower court verdict sentencing her to five years' imprisonment in the graft case.
On October 8, the High Court extended till October 11 the bail of BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia in the case.
Earlier on October 3, a HC bench extended the bail of Khaleda Zia in the case till October 8.
A petition was filed with the High Court seeking an extension of its earlier order granting four-month bail to Khaleda Zia in the Zia orphanage trust graft case on July 5.
She was then sent to the abandoned central jail on Nazimuddin Road in the city.