- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Faridur Reza Sagar survives chopper crash in Rajshahi
Impress Telefilm’s Managing Director Faridur Reza Sagar and singer Ferdous Ara escaped a helicopter crash in RajshahiÕs Godagari upazila today.
The private helicopter S2 AHW took off with six people, including Sagar, Ferdous Ara, and anchor Farzana Brownia, around 2:30pm, but crashed shortly after takeoff, our local staff correspondent reports.
Jahangir Alam, officer-in-charge of Godagari Police Station, who was a witness to the crash, has confirmed of the incident and its development.
Bruised with minor injuries, they were all taken to Godagari Upazila Health Complex.
The celebrities went to Anwara Fahim Ziauddin Pilot Girls High School to attend a programme of felicitation for outstanding girls today, local lawmaker Omar Faruk Chowdhury told the correspondent.
As they were about to head back to Dhaka, their privately-owned helicopter crashed moments after taking off from a nearby helipad and slammed back to the ground, the police official said.
Sagar, Ferdous Ara, and Farzana Brownia will take a flight to return home. They were taken to Rajshahi airport when the report was filed in the afternoon