- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Eleven die as bus and truck collide in Russia
Eleven people died and eight were injured when a bus collided with a truck late in RussiaÕs Chuvashia region, around 700 km to the east of Moscow on Thursday (October 11).
Local emergency services released video of destroyed vehicles and emergency services at the scene, saying that the bus travelling from the town of Kanash to Moscow was carrying 19 passengers and crashed at around 19:00 local time (1600 GMT).