- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Jatiya Oikya Prokriya leaders in meeting
Amid prevailing differences of opinion surfacing within the alliance, leaders of the Jatiya Oikya Prokriya have sat in a meeting to draw their path ahead.
Today’s meeting is being held at the residence of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) leader ASM Abdur Rab in Uttara, sources said. The meeting began around 3:00pm.
Among those present in the meeting were Nagorik Oikko Convener Mahmudur Rahman Manna, Bikalpa Dhara Joint Secretary Mahi B Chowdhury, and BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, and his party colleagues Dr Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and Moudud Ahmed.