- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Aug 21 verdict proves once again BNP terrorist organisation: Quader Aug 21 verdict proves once again BNP terrorist organisation: Quader
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader said the recent verdict in August 21 grenade attack case proved once again that BNP is a terrorist organisation.
Courts in Canada and Bangladesh have proved that BNP is a terrorist organisation. BNP’s acting chairman Tarique Rahman was the main plotter of August 21 grenade attack and he should have been sentenced to death, said the General Secretary of Bangladesh Awami League Obaidul Quader in Nowdoba area in Jajira, Shariatpur today.
BNP Chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia too cannot avoid responsibility of the attack, she should also be brought to justice, said Quader.
The minister was observing the security and overall preparations ahead of Prime Minister’s visit to inaugurate the 60 per cent development in construction work of the Padma Bridge project on Sunday.
Replying to a question on whether BNP would join the next general election, the minister said, ÒBNP knows the best whether they will join the polls or not. Is there any instance in the world, where the opposition was bought to take part in election? Regarding election, BNP says one thing in the morning, another at noon, and another in the evening.
BNP’s moral base and image as a political party has hit the bottom, Quader added.
Talking about the development in Padma Bridge’s construction work, the road transport and bridges minister said five spans have been installed on the Jajira side of the bridge, one was installed on Mawa side and work is going on to install five more spans there.
Awami League organising secretaries BM Mozammel Haque, MP, AKM Enamul Haque Shamim, and top officials of the ministry were present on the occasion, among others.