- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Palestine clinch Bangabandhu International Gold Cup
Palestine clinched Bangabandhu Gold Cup International Football championship 2018 by defeating Tajikstan 4-3 in tie-breaker at Bangabandhu National Stadium in Dhaka.
The final match went into tie-breaker after both teams failed to score.
The match kicked-off at 6:30 pm Bangladesh time on Friday.
Palestine smartly reached the final eliminating hosts Bangladesh by 2-0 goals in a hard fought 2nd semifinal at the Birshrestha Ruhul Amin Stadium in CoxÕs Bazar Wednesday while Tajikistan made a final berth eliminating the Philippines also by 2-0 goals in the first semifinal at the same venue on Tuesday.
Earlier, Palestine clinched the Group A title to reach the semis with all-win record beating Tajikistan 2-0 and holders Nepal 1-0 while the Philippines emerged Group B champions also with all win-run beating Laos 3-1 and Bangladesh 1-0.