- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
8 of a family suffer burns in Uttarkhan house fire
Eight members of a family suffered burn injuries after a fire broke out at a house near Helal Market in Uttarkhan of Dhaka early today.
All the injured were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. The conditions of six of the victims are stated to be critical, Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the hospital unit police outpost, said.
The fire originated from a leak in a gas pipeline at the three-storey building early in the morning, leaving eight members of a family burn-injured, said Shafiqul Islam, station officer of Uttarkhan Fire Service and Civil Defence.
Three units of firefighters were trying to douse the fire till filing the report around 9:00am.