- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Digital Security Act: Editors' Council to form human chain Oct 15
The Sampadak Parishad (Editors' Council) will form a human chain on Monday protesting enactment of the Digital Security Act 2018.
The council will form the human chain in front of Jatiya Press Club demanding changes in nine sections -- 8, 21, 25, 28, 29, 31, 32, 43 and 5 -- of the Digital Security Act.
During the briefing at the press club, the council members said the nine sections seriously harm the cause of independent journalism and freedom of expression.