- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Dr Kamal joined hands with killers: PM
BSS, Shibchar, Madaripur :
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today came down heavily on Dr Kamal Hossain for forging an alliance with BNP calling the combine a platform of killers and opportunists.
Dr Kamal claims to be an advocate of truthfulness, but has joined hands with Tareq Zia, who has no acceptability to the people of Bangladesh,Ó she said at a big public meeting organised by Shibchar Upazila unit of Awami League in Kathalbari Ferryghat area in Madaripur this afternoon.
The prime minister arrived here this morning to inaugurate a number of projects in connection with Padma Bridge.
The prime minister said Dr Kamal Hossain, who claims to be an internationally renowned lawyer, has forged an alliance with those who are responsible for killing people in arson attack, eating up orphansÕ money, money laundering and for corruption.
Kamal Hossain speaks loud against corruption, terrorism and militancy. But he has formed an alliance with two recognised militant and terror organizations- BNP and Jamaat, accepting Tareq Zia as his leader, Sheikh Hasina said.
Was there no leader in BNP who is eligible to be the acting chairman of BNP?Ó asked Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Awami League, saying Tareq is convicted in a money laundering case, the ten truck arms smuggling case, the grenade attack case of August 2004 and now staying abroad as a fugitive.
The prime minister said Sheikh Hasina said people of Bangladesh had given a mandate to Awami League to form the government. In 2014, BNP and Jamaat killed hundreds of people in the name of the movement to foil the election and they did the same in 2015 too.