- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BNP leader Tariqul at ICU of Apollo Hospital
BNP Standing Committee Member Tariqul Islam has been admitted to a city hospital as he felt sick seriously.
Tariqul was admitted to Apollo Hospital on Saturday and kept in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital, Sayrul Kabir Khan, a staff of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s press wing, said.
Tariqul has been suffering from kidney and diabetic diseases alongside the old-age complications, he said.
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir visited Tariqul, a former minister of BNP-Jamaat-led four-party alliance government, on Saturday at the hospital.
Meanwhile, BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Rizvi Ahmed at a press conference regretted that though Tariqul Islam has been remaining bedbound for a long-time, various 'fictitious' cases were filed against him with Paltan, Khilgaon and Motijheel police stations.