- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
DU `Gha’ unit admission test results postponed over question paper leak allegation
Dhaka University authorities have postponed the "Gha" unit admission test results following an allegation of question paper leak.
We will take further decision regarding the admission test after receiving the report from the probe committee, Dhaka University Vice-Chancellor Professor Akhtaruzzaman said while talking to our correspondent over phone.
Around 10:00am today, the authorities issued a press release saying that the results will be published tomorrow.
But hours later, another press release was issued with the correction.
Admission tests for "Gha" unit were held last Friday amid allegations of question leak.
Law enforcers have found evidence that the hand-written question paper of DU `Gha’ unit admission test, which was leaked around 45 minutes prior to the exam, was circulated from two admission information centres in Bogura to an applicant's guardian.
Six people, including the admission seeker and his father, were arrested on Saturday in connection with the incident. Each of them was taken on a two-day remand yesterday.
On Saturday, DU's Chief Security Officer SM Kamrul Ahsan filed a case with Shahbagh Police Station accusing the six and some others, under sections 22 and 33 of the Digital Security Act, and the Public Examination Act. It was mentioned in the case statement that the questions were leaked through digital devices prior to the exam.
Allegations of question paper leak in "Gha" Unit admission test also surfaced last year after e-mails containing questions of the English part of the exam were sent to some admission seekers around eight hours before the exam.
Meanwhile, some students of Dhaka University demonstrated on the campus in condemnation of the question leak and demanding a retake of the admission test.