News

Rohingya family burnt in gas cylinder blast

17 Oct,2018

BDchronicle :


Rohingya campThree members of a Rohingya family, including a one-year child sustained severe burn injuries as a gas cylinder exploded in the Shalbagan Rohingya camp in Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar.

The incident was reported on Tuesday (Oct 16) which injured Mohammad Yunus, 30, his wife Setara Begum, 22 and their one-year old son Mohammad Yasin.

According to locals, the cylinder exploded when Setara was cooking. She was the first victim of the fire and later her husband and son sustained injuries as well.

The locals rescued them and sent two of them to Ukhiya Kutupalang Hospital and one to Cox’s Bazar.

Setara and her son’s condition is critical as they sustained serious injuries in their arms, legs and back.

More News