- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Rohingya family burnt in gas cylinder blast
Rohingya campThree members of a Rohingya family, including a one-year child sustained severe burn injuries as a gas cylinder exploded in the Shalbagan Rohingya camp in Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar.
The incident was reported on Tuesday (Oct 16) which injured Mohammad Yunus, 30, his wife Setara Begum, 22 and their one-year old son Mohammad Yasin.
According to locals, the cylinder exploded when Setara was cooking. She was the first victim of the fire and later her husband and son sustained injuries as well.
The locals rescued them and sent two of them to Ukhiya Kutupalang Hospital and one to Cox’s Bazar.
Setara and her son’s condition is critical as they sustained serious injuries in their arms, legs and back.