- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
DBL Group deploys Oracle cloud applications
DBL Group, a leading diversified conglomerate in Bangladesh with business presence in apparel, textile manufacturing and ceramics, has successfully deployed Oracle Cloud Applications to help innovate business processes, modernise talent acquisition, reduce IT costs, and improve business agility to fuel the company’s expansion in Africa, said a statement.
With a rapidly increasing business portfolio, DBL Group’s purchasing and enforcement became more complex and needed a modern, flexible and scalable business platform that could increase global agility and help it find and retain the best talent.
Furthermore, with a huge factory being setup in Ethiopia, DBL Group needed to streamline its supply chain across multiple locations. To manage this complexity and support its future growth, DBL Group has deployed Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud.
DBL Group has grown considerably during the last few years and we are expanding our footprints overseas as well thus, we need a flexible and scalable IT solution to support our growth, said Mohammad Zahirul Islam, Group CIO, DBL Group. The scalability and manageability of Oracle Cloud features will help us safeguard our infrastructural investments and optimize our IT resources to fullest, while focusing on technology-based innovation. Moving forward, we feel that Oracle will be a key differentiator for the entire Group.
Organizations around the world are increasingly turning to Oracle for a comprehensive and integrated suite of cloud applications that provide a better user experience and built-in business processes, said Md. Aminul Haque, Head of Applications for Oracle Bangladesh, Nepal & Bhutan.
We are happy that DBL Group has successfully deployed Oracle Cloud Applications to help fulfill its innovation and expansion objectives while driving agility in operations and flexibility in business, and help enhance return on investments, Md. Aminul Haque added.