- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Hasina calls on Saudi King Salman
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday had a meeting with Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud at his royal palace in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia).
Hasina's meeting with Salman, also the custodian of the two holy Mosques, started at 1:30pm, which was followed by lunch.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, PM's Private Development Affairs Adviser Salman F Rahman, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque, Bangladesh Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Golam Moshi and PMO Secretary Sajjadul Hassan were, among others, present at the meeting.
Sheikh Hasina arrived here on Tuesday afternoon on a four-day bilateral visit to Saudi Arabia at the invitation of King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.