- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Singer Ayub Bachchu passes away
Born in Chittagong, Ayub Bachchu started his music career there with the band Feelings in 1978. From 1980 to 1990, he was a member of Souls as lead guitarist and in 1991, he formed his own band, LRB.Singer and composer Ayub Bachchu, who founded LRB one of the leading bands in Bangladesh, has died.
The 56-year-old breathed his last on Thursday (Oct 18) while undergoing treatment at Dhaka's Square Hospital.
Born in Chittagong in 1962, he started his music career there with the band Feelings in 1978. From 1980 to 1990, he was a member of Souls as lead guitarist and finally in 1991, he formed his own band, LRB.