- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Three sued for killing trader in Benapole
A local trader in Benapole named Hasanuzzaman also known as Ahsan was murdered in Sadipur village on Monday.
A case was filed against three people in connection over the killing on Wednesday night.
Victim's son Shohagh filed the case with Benapole Port Police Station accusing Buno Akhter, 23, Raihan Uddin, 22, and Shujon Hossain, 26, UNB reported.
According to Sub-inspector Zakir Hossain, on the night of October 15, the accused took cigarettes and cups of tea from a shop at Sadipur intersection and went away without paying.
Hasanuzzaman protested it. Being angered over the incident, the criminals beat up Ahsan mercilessly, leaving him dead.