- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Derailment halts train communications on Ctg route
Train communications on Chattogram, Netrakona and Bhairab routes were suspended on Friday following derailment of a bogie of a train at Balashpur in the city.
Zahurul Islam, station super of Mymensingh Rail Station, said a bogie of a Mymensingh-bound freight train from Chattogram veered off the tracks around 4:30 am, halting train movement.
On information, a relief train went to the spot to salvage the train.
Netrakona-bound ‘Haor Express’ train remained stranded at the railway station following the incident.