- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Fans gather at Shaheed Minar to pay tributes to Ayub Bachchu
Hundreds of fans have gathered at Central Shaheed Minar to pay their last tribute to legendary singer Ayub Bachchu, who died of heart attack yesterday.
An ambulance carrying the body of Ayub Bachchu reached on the premises of Shaheed Minar around 10:25am.
The body will be kept here till 12:30pm so that his fans and followers can have a glimpse of him.
Ayub Bachchu's colleagues, fellow musicians, many artistes and cultural activists along with people from all walks of life have gathered there to pay their respects.
The bona fide rock legend and founder of the musical band LRB died of a heart attack in Dhaka yesterday at the age of 56.
The first namaz-e-janaza of Ayub Bachchu will be held at Eidgah Maidan after Jummah prayers today while second janaza will be held at private television channel Channel i office premises.
Bachchu will be buried next to his mother at their family graveyard in Chattogram on Saturday, family sources said.
He left behind his wife, a son and a daughter, alongside a huge number of relatives, disciples and admirers to mourn his death.