- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Bikalpa Dhara splits, a group relieves B Chy, Mahi
Bikalpa Dhara Bangladesh has announced a new committee relieving its president AQM Badruddoza Chowdhury, secretary general Abdul Mannan and joint secretary general Mahi B Chowdhury from the party.
Shah Alam Badal, who was relieved from the party of October 13, came up with the announcement while talking to reporters in front of the Jatiya Press Club on Friday.
Nurul Alam Bepari has been made the president of the new committee while Shah Alam Badal made the general secretary, he said.