- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BSF guns down Bangladeshi in Thakurgaon
A Bangladeshi national was gunned down by members of Indian Border Security Force in Kantibhita border in Baliadangi of Thaurgaon early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as M dRabbani, son of Pashiruddin Pashir of Taranjubari village.
Locals said that the BSF members of Hatkhola camp opened fire on a group of cattle traders, including Rabbani, when they went to border pillar 385/5 around 4:00am, leaving him dead.
Lieutenant Colonel Tuhin Md Masud, commanding officer of Thakurgaon BGB-50 battalion, said that he heard the incident and now investigating the matter.