- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Ayub Bachchu’s body reaches Chattogram
The body of rock legend and musical band LRB founder Ayub Bachchu has reached the port city.
A flight of US-Bangla Airlines carrying the body and his family members reached Shah Amanat International Airport around 10:55 am on Saturday, said a singer close to Ayub Bachhu’s family.
City Mayor AJM Nasir Uddin received the body.
Now, the body will be taken at Ayub Bacchu’s grandfather’s (maternal) house at Madarbari.
His namaj-e-janaza will be held at Jamiatul Falah ground in Dampara after Asr prayers.
Bachchu will be buried next to his mother at their family graveyard today.
His son and daughter reached Bangladesh from Australia and Canada respectively on Friday night.
Earlier on Friday, people from all walks of life paid their last tributes to the celebrated guitarist, songwriter, composer and singer at the Central Shaheed Minar in the capital.
The rock star died of a heart attack in Dhaka on Thursday at the age of 56.