- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Ershard urges govt to create congenial atmosphere to hold credible polls
Unveiling his party’s 18-point goals for building a happy and prosperous Bangladesh, Jatiya Party chairman H M Ershad on Saturday urged the government to ensure proper atmosphere for holding a free and fair election.
Addressing the party’s grand rally at Suhrawardy Udyan, he also voiced his concern over holding of the election.
‘We are concerned whether the election will be held as a party has declared their seven-point demand which is not possible to fulfill at present situation. But we will take part in the election and we want a congenial atmosphere for a free and fair election,’ said Ershad.
Urging the party leaders and activists to take preparation, he announced that that his party will contest in all 300 constituencies.