- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
JP to contest all 300 seats thru’ alliance: Ershad
Voicing his concern whether the upcoming national elections will be held or not, Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad today said his party will still prepare to contest in all 300 seats under the United National Alliance (UNA).
“We will contest in all 300 seats in the next elections in the alliance,” HM Ershad said while addressing a public meeting organised by the UNA at the capital's Suhrawardy Udyan.
People have concern whether the next elections will be held or not, he said.
Mentioning that there is no atmosphere to hold election in the country, the JP chairman urged the government to ensure proper environment for holding a free and fair election.
He also demanded the election-time government should be formed with the political parties having representatives in the parliament.