- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
9th Bangladesh Denim Expo kicks off Nov 7
The 9th edition of Bangladesh Denim Expo is going to be held on 7th and 8th November at the International Convention City Bashundhara in Dhaka with a special theme focusing on 'Simplicity in Supply Chain'.
The international expo's objective is to promote Bangladesh's denim and to showcase the country's strength and capacity in denim manufacturing, UNB reported citing a press release.
The two-day mega exposition is going to be held to display latest trend of denim products to the global brands and retailers as well as Bangladeshi manufacturers.
A total of 62 Exhibitors from all over the world are participating in this year's Expo which is expected to attract the highest number of international visitors in an apparel event in Bangladesh.
The theme of this edition 'Simplicity' is aimed at defining a much simpler, easier definition to understand sustainability and ecology in denim.
The expo will also focus on how to make things simpler to understand demand of buyers, how to prepare for and negotiate them, and how the denim industry of Bangladesh can profit from more simplicity.