- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Zafrullah gets bail in two cases
The High Court on Sunday granted anticipatory bail to Gonoshasthaya Kendra founder Zafrullah Chowdhury in two cases filed against him.
The bench of Justice Mohammad Abdul Hafiz and Justice Mohi Uddin Shamim granted Zafrullah bail after he surrendered before it seeking bail in the cases.
The cases accused Zafrullah of extorting from landowner of Ashulia in Savar and tried to grab his land.