- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
15 hurt as RMG workers clash with cops in N’ganj
At least 15 people were injured during a clash between police and readymade garment workers, who blocked a road in Narayanganj for over five hours demanding arrears
Police fired teargas shells on agitating garment workers when they allegedly set one lorry on fire and vandalised several vehicles outside the Export Processing Zone (EPZ) on the Adamjee-Singrail Road, reports our Narayanganj correspondent.
The workers left the road around 12:30pm after getting assurance of payment on November 15, said Nasrin Akhter, a local deputy manager of Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority (BEPZA).