- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
DU authorities form another probe body for Gha unit question leak
Dhaka University (DU) authorities on Monday formed a fresh five-member probe committee to investigate the alleged entry tests question leak of 'Gha' unit under the Social Science faculty.
The committee has been formed to investigate the allegation more deeply as well as to identify the actual culprits behind it, said DU Proctor Prof AKM Golam Rabbani to UNB news agency.
DU Pro-VC (Academic) Prof Nasreen Ahmad has been hade made the Convener of the newly formed body and Proctor AKM Golam Rabbani made Member Secretary.
Other members are Prof Md Imdadul Hoque, acting dean of Biological Science faculty, Prof Asim Sarker and Syndicate member SM Bahalul Mojnun Chunnu.
Earlier on October 13, the DU authorities formed a three-member probe body to investigate the issue and asked to submit its report within 48 hours.
The DU authorities, however, announced the 'Gha' unit admission test results on October 16 amid question leak allegations.
Fourteen images of handwritten question papers of 'Gha' unit entry test were spread out on social media around 9:17 am on Friday, 43 minutes prior to the exam begins.
After scrutinising the images and the original question paper provided at the exam halls, it was found that 72 MCQ questions (19 in Bengali, 17 in English and 36 in general knowledge section) matched.