- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
RMG exports to Japan record 128.2pc growth in January-August
Bangladeshi readymade garments have hit a record growth rate in Japanese market during January-August period of the current year, Rabab Fatima, Bangladesh Ambassador to Japan, said.
She said, Bangladesh is the 2nd largest garments exporter in the world, and Japan is our number one destination for garments products in Asia. Knitwear is currently our number one export item to the world's third largest economy.
In terms of both value and volume, Bangladesh is the 3rd largest garments exporter to Japan with 5.9 per cent of the volume of share and 3.9 per cent of the value of Japanese import.
During January-August 2018, the 128.2 per cent growth of Bangladeshi products was the highest among all the exporting nations, said the ambassador.