- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
DU to retake Gha unit admission test
Dhaka University will retake tests of 18,500 students who passed Ghaunit admission examination which was marred by question leak allegations.
The university’s Vice Chancellor Md Akhteruzzaman told Bdchronicle that a meeting of DU Dean Committee took the decision this afternoon.
The admission process will automatically be put on hold and test schedule and further details will be announced from the authorities later.
Last week, Dhaka University announced the results for Gha unit – where over 18,500 students passed. It also admitted the incident of question leak.
Around 26 percent admission seekers have obtained pass marks in the test held last Friday, which is the highest pass rate in this unit in the last five years.
However, students on and off the campus were protesting since the test was held, demanding a retake. One student of Akhtar Hossen, a third-year student of DU's law department, observed a hunger strike demanding a retake of the tests.