- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Bangladesh recall Soumya for third ODI
The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Wednesday included opening batsman Soumya Sarkar in the national squad for the third and final one-day international match against Zimbabwe.
Soumya, who is currently playing in a four-day National Cricket League in Khulna, will join the team immediately.
‘We will include him in the squad,’ chief selector Minhajul Abedin told BDchronicle.
‘He is our pool player. He also played well in the practice game. We have made a pool with 24 players and we can watch any player at any time. There are some requirements in the team so we called him in the team,’ he added.
‘We can play him at number 7 or number 3 also. He also batted at number 3 in the practice match,’ Minhajul said.
Soumya made a brilliant unbeaten 102 runs for a Bangladesh Cricket Board XI in the lone practice game at BKSP earlier this week which caught the eyes of the selectors and Bangladesh team management.
The 25-year old is also having a good time in NCL where he scored three successive fifties and a century as well as claimed a five-for for Khulna Division which indicated his back in-form.