- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Seminar on investor protection in capital market held
A seminar on investor protection in capital market was held in a hotel of Chattogram recently for celebrating World Investor Week, 2018.
Arranged by Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) in a hotel of the port city, Professor Dr Md Salim Uddin, Chairman of Bangladesh House Building Finance Corporation, presented a paper titled 'Investor Protection in the Capital Market of Bangladesh'.
Dr Salim, FCA, FCMA, Chairman, Executive Committee of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited, said investors are the pillar of the financial and securities market and they determine the level of activity in the market. They also put the money in funds, stocks, etc to help grow the market and thus, the economy.
It is thus very important to protect the interests of the investors, he said, reports UNB.
Investment security and greater inflow of capital into the national economy is largely dependent on the efficiency of corporate regulation for protecting investor and the quality of the institutional environment, said Dr Salim.
More than 200 participants attended the seminar.