- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
U-15 boys thrash Maldives 9-0
Bangladesh under-15 boys' football team thrashed Maldives 9-0 in their first match of the SAFF U-15 Championship in Kathmandu today to seal their place in the semifinals.
Striker Nihat Jaman Uchhash scored four goals while Rasel Ahmed and Ashikur Rahman score two apiece and skipper Mehedi Hasan scored once. Bangladesh led the first half by four goals.
The charges of Anwar Parvez went to Nepal with two months of preparation and their initial target was to reach the last four. They lead Group A with three points, ahead of Nepal on goal difference, who beat Maldives 4-0 in their opening match.
Bangladesh will take on the hosts in the group-deciding match on Monday.