- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Cops disperse job seekers demo, 4 held at Shahbagh
At least four people were detained this afternoon as police dispersed a group of protesting job seekers who took position at the Shahbagh intersection in Dhakasince yesterday.
The protesters were continuing a blockade at the spot, one of the busiest intersections of the capital, demanding extension of age limit to 35 from 30 for entering government jobs.
Vehicular movement become normal after law enforcers move the protesters off the roads in the area near to the Dhaka University campus.
The detained people will be questioned, Bangla daily Prothom Alo reports quoting HM Azimul Huq, assistant deputy commissioner of Ramna Police Station.