- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Mother, daughter found dead in Chattogram
Police recovered the bodies of a woman and her daughter from their residence in Pathantuli area in the Chattogram city on Tuesday noon.
The deceased are Hosne Ara Begum, 47, and her daughter Parvin, 23.
Neighbours of the victims spotted the bodies inside their residence near Gayebi Mosque around 12:30 pm and informed police, said Mohiuddin Selim, officer-in-charge of Double Mooring police station.
A team of the law enforcers went to the spot, he said adding that the details about the incident could not be known immediately.