- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Expert Shares Canadian Experience in Quality Education at BUBT
Dr. Asit K Sarkar, Emeritus Professor of Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, has recently conducted a technical session of a workshop on Institutional Quality Assurance: A Canadian Experience on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT)Õs Main Campus, Rupnagar, Mirpur 2, Dhaka, Bangladesh. With sharing his experiences in Canadian education system, he suggested to increase studentÕs adjunct activities including industry experiences to enhance quality higher education in Bangladesh.
Mr. Sarkar is also a member of Saskatchewan Higher Education Quality Assurance Board, Canada. He said that In Canada, Ministry of Education cannot approve or reject any program and curriculum of a university. In this case, institutions have full freedom and faculty members also have powers to express their opinions for the better class room lectures. He urged to get studentÕs feedback as it is important stakeholders.
Prof. Dr. Shafique Ahmed Siddique PHD, Chairman, BUBT Trust was the Chief Guest of the program while Prof. Santi Narayan Ghosh, Director, IQAC-BUBT was the Special Guest. The workshop was presided over by the Prof. Md. Abu Saleh, Vice Chancellor, BUBT. Also was present, Prof. Md. Enayet Hossain Miah, Treasurer; Prof. Mian Lutfar Rahman, Advisor, student affairs; Prof. Dr. Syed Masud Husain, Dean, Faculty of Business; Prof. Syed Anwarul Huq, Dean, Faculty of Arts; Dr. Md. Harun-Or-Rashid, Registrar; Dr. Syed Sarfaraj Hamid, Dean, Faculty of Law; Prof. Dr. Mohammed Rubaiyat Chowdhury, Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences; A H M Azmal Hossain, Joint Registrar; proctor; Chairmen of various departments, and faculty members.