- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Three DU teachers terminated for irregularities
The University of Dhaka (DU) has terminated three teachers from their post for irregularities.
Two teachers were terminated for their delay in joining the department after an education tour and the other for not having any academic involvement.
The development came after a university syndicate meeting on Wednesday (Oct 31), Professor Dr ASM Maksud Kamal, president of the university’s teachers association, said.
Assistant Professor, Azhar Jafar Shah, of the International Relations department was removed from his post as he was irregular in taking classes and lacked academic involvement.
Lecturer Biplab Kumar Dutta and Lecturer Zaman have been terminated as they did not join the department at the stipulated time after completing their education leave in the USA.
The administration has decided to withdraw their financial benefits from the university.