- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Zimbabwe ask Tigers to bowl first
Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza won the toss and elected to bat first in the first Test of the two-match series at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium in Sylhet, Bangladesh on Saturday.
Bangladesh left out Mustafizur Rahman, Mohammad Mithun, Shafiul Islam, Khaled Ahmed and handed a Test debut to all-rounder Ariful Haque and left-arm spinner Nazmul Islam.
Brandon Mavuta is making Test debut for Zimbabwe.
With the game Sylhet has debuted as the eighth Test venue of the country.
Bangladesh: Mahmudullah (c), Liton Das, Imrul Kayes, Nazmul Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mominul Haque, Ariful Haque, Mehedi Hasan, Taijul Islam, Nazmul Islam, Abu Jayed.
Zimbabwe: Hamilton Masakadza (capt), Brian Chari, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Peter Moor, Regis Chakabva , Brandon Mavuta, Wellington Masakadza, Kyle Jarvis, Tendai Chatara
Umpires: Rod Tucker (AUS), Richard Kettleborough (ENG)
TV Umpire: Kumar Dharmasena (SRI)
Match Referee: Ranjan Madugalle (SRI)