- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
LDA to hold talks with PM Nov 6
The Left Democratic Alliance (LDA), a coalition eight left-leaning political parties, will hold dialogue with the Prime Minister and Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina at 7.30 pm on November 6 at Ganabhaban.
A press release issued on Sunday by the LDA said Awami League Office Secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap handed over an invitation, signed by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, to M Shah Alam, general secretary of the Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB), at its temporary office Mukti Bhaban, reports BSS.
Earlier, the LDA sent a letter on Nov 1 to the AL President Sheikh HasinaÕs political office asking for schedule for holding dialogue with the Prime Minister.
A sixteen-member delegation of the LDA will meet with AL chief and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina , the release said..
The proposed LDA delegation are CPB President Mujahidul Islam Selim, CPB General Secretary M Shah Alam, Bangladesher Samajtantrik Dal or BaSaDÕs General Secretary Khalequzzaman, its central committee member Bazlur Rashid Feroz, Bangladesher Biplobi Workers Party General Secretary Saiful Haq, Politbureau member Akbar Khan, Bangladesher Samajtantrik Dal member Suvrangshu Chakrawarty and Alamgir Hossen Dulal, Ganosanghati Anodolon chief coordinator Zunaid Saki, its member Feroz Ahmed, Bangladesh United Communist League General Secretary Mosharraf Hossen Nannu, Presidium member Professor Abdus Sattar, Ganotantrik Biplobi Party General Secretary Moshrefa Mishu, central committee member Mominur Rahman Biswal, Bangladesher Samajtantrik Andolon convenor Hamidul Haq and its central committee member Ranjit Kumar.