- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Hold polls-schedule until outcome of talks: Oikyafront to EC
Jatiya Oikyafront leaders today requested the Election Commission (EC) not to announce schedule for the next general election until outcome of the ongoing dialogue between the prime minister and different political alliances comes.
Jatiya Samagtantrik Dal (JSD) President ASM Abdur Rab, told reporters after emerging from a meeting with the chief election commissioner at the EC secretariat in Agargaon area in Dhaka this afternoon.
Jatiya Oikyafront leaders held the meeting with the EC to place their demand of polls-schedule deferral before the commission.
The meeting began around 3:00pm, Mostofa Mohsin Mintu, general secretary of Gono Forum, confirmed Bdchronicle of the schedule and agenda of the visit.
A delegation of the newly floated political alliance visited the the commission office this afternoon
will place their demand of polls-schedule deferral before the Election Commission this afternoon.
Their delegation will visit the commission at 3:00pm and request to hold the schedule until the end of ongoing political dialogue.
Mostofa Mohsin Mintu, general secretary of Gono Forum, confirmed Bdchronicle of the schedule and agenda of the visit.
Meanwhile, amid all the political developments, the commission has said that it will announce the complete election schedule on November 8.