- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Oikyafront secures nod for Dhaka rally
Jatiya Oikyafront says they have secured police permission to hold a rally in Dhaka tomorrow at the historic Suhrawardy Udyan.
BNP Publicity Affairs Secretary Shahid Uddin Chowdhury Annie made the announcement after meeting Dhaka city’s police commissioner today.
The meeting will be held tomorrow at 3:00pm.
This will be the third rally of opposition alliance Oikyafront after Sylhet and Chittagong. It will be their first ever public meeting in Dhaka.