- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Fire breaks out at Mirpur cloth market
A fire broke out at the city’s Mirpur area on Monday morning causing severe burn effect to some shops including three cloth-shops.
The Fire Service sources said the fire broke out in the Mirpur-10 area, opposite the National Swimming Complex.
Later, five units of Fire Service rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after one hour of frantic effort, said Control Room official Ershad Hossain.
They primarily suspected that the fire originated at the Tex Point brand store and then spread to the Colors and Chandrabindu show rooms.
The Fire Service officials could not measure the damage immediately.