- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
‘JMB leader’ killed in Bogura ‘gunfight’
A suspected leader of banned extremist outfit Jama'atul Mujahideen, Bangladesh was killed in a reported gunfight with police at Shibganj in Bogura early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Khorshed Alam alias Shamim, 38, former ameer of the banned extremist outfit.
Police also recovered two firearms and three round bullets from the spot, said Sanatan Chakraborty, additional superintendent of Bogra police.