- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Couple burnt in city gas cylinder blast
A man and his wife sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out from a gas cylinder explosion in the city's Mohammadpur area early Tuesday.
The injured Saiful Islam Rubel, 28, and his wife Sajena Akhter, 18, were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.
Sub-inspector Bacchu Miah, in-charge of the DMCH police outpost, said the fire broke out at their tin-shed house on road no. 13 in Nabinagar Housing after a cooking gas cylinder exploded around 5:00am, leaving the duo injured.
They were admitted to the hospital around 6:30am, he added.