- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Dialogue with Islamists, leftists today
Ruling Awami League led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will be holding election talks with Islamists this afternoon at Gono Bhaban.
The 2:00pm schedule at the premier’s official residence has been appointed to religion-based Islamic Democratic Alliance and Zaker Party.
Mizbaur Rahman, chairman of Islami Oikyajote, the leading party within the Islamic alliance, confirmed The BDchronicle of the schedule this afternoon.
Meanwhile, Zaker Party Chairman Mostofa Amir Faisal and Vice Chairman Saim Amir Faisal have already reached Gono Bhaban for the dialogue.
Later this evening, at 7:30pm, leftists under Left Democratic Alliance banner will be engaging in talks with the prime minister over election.
Communist Party of Bangladesh’s leader Monzur Moin has confirmed The BDchronicle of the schedule.