- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
1.15 lakh Yaba pills seized from car with ‘foreign NGO sticker’
Members of Rapid Action Battalion seized some 1.15 lakh Yaba tablets from a car carrying sticker of a foreign NGO and arrested a man at College Para of Teknaf in Cox’s Bazar on Tuesday.
The arrestee is Quashem, 30, son of Abu Sayeed of Mithapara area in Maheshkhali.
Major Md Mehedi Hasan, company commander of RAB-7 Cox’s Bazar camp, said they conducted a drive at College Para around 10:00am when they challenged a car holding the sticker of a foreign NGO.
After searching the vehicle, the RAB members recovered some 1.15 lakh Yaba pills and arrested the car inmate, he said.
However, the RAB official did not disclose the name of the NGO.