- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
EC orders to send polling materials to field level Nov 8
The Election Commission (EC) has issued an official letter asking the authorities concerned to send nomination forms and other polling materials to field level on November 8.
The official letter, signed by EC Assistant Secretary Syed Golam Rashed, said the nomination forms, pay slips, receipt books, the code of conduct of election and other polling materials will have to be sent to senior district election officers and district election officers from Tejgaon printing press on November 8 and they will those.
The letter was issued on Tuesday.
WHEN IS THE POLLS SCHEDULE?
Earlier on November 4, Election Commission announced that it will be announcing the complete election schedule on November 8.
The schedule will include the dates of collecting nomination, submitting nomination, scrutinising the nominations and withdrawal of nominations.
According to what is being said, the general election is likely to be held in December.