- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Legal notice sent to Pathao over extra fare
A journalist today sent a legal notice to the app-based ride-hailing service, Pathao, accusing them of collecting extra fare.
Md Afzal Hossain, a reporter of Somoy Television, issued the legal notice through SC lawyer Advocate Tanzim Al Islam asking Pathao to explain in three days under what rules the company determines fare.
In the legal notice, Afzal cited some incidents of charging extra fare from passengers by Pathao.
Afzal said when he took a motorcycle ride from Rokeya Sarani to Bangla Motor on November 4, the app showed the fare Tk 121. But when he reached the destination the app showed Tk 149 as fare.
Afzal said taking the extra charge was illegal as per Consumer Rights Protection Act and criminal laws.
He told The Daily Star that he would take legal action against Pathao if the company does not reply to his legal notice in three days.