- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Ferry services on Paturia-Daulatdia route resume
Ferry services on Daulatdia-Paturia route in Manikganj resumed after three hours of disruption caused by dense fog on Wednesday morning.
Mohiuddin Russel, Manager of Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Corporation at Aricha station, said the ferry services had been kept suspended on the route from 6:00am to 9:00am due to the dense fog.
Five ferries remained got stranded in the mid-river while hundreds of vehicles remained stuck in a long queue at Doulatdia ghat during the period, Russel said.
Later, the ferry services resumed around 9:00am as the fog disappeared, he said.