- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
CEC to address the nation Thursday to announce polls schedule
The chief election commissioner, KM Nurul Huda, will address the nation through Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Betar at 7:00pm Thursday.
The commission's public relations director SM Asaduzzman on Wednesday said CEC Nurul Huda will announce the schedule to 11th Jatiya Sangsad election in the address.
Besides, a 16-member delegation of ruling Awami League led by prime minister’s adviser HT Imam met the chief election commissioner in the afternoon. The meeting is on till filing of this report at 4:15pm.
Earlier on the day, a team of Jatiya Party led by its chairman HM Ershad met the CEC.
Ershad laid stress on announcing election schedule on Thursday and it cannot be deferred, said the party secretary general Ruhul Amin Howledar.